Friday, July 6, 2012

Ode to the lost

They can take my beating heart
And drive the pace to crazy.
They can take my energy
And steal it when they're lazy.
They can wake me from my sleep
And force me into panic.
They can shock me out of trust
And wreak me into havoc.
They can try and shut me down
And beat me 'till I bleed.
They can take my honesty
And chronically misread.
They can enter and attempt
My sanity to dismantle.
They can gossip till they choke
On more than they can handle.
They can talk themselves to death
And hope someone believes them.
They can constantly spin tales
And pout when life deceives them.

But they can never touch my soul
Or even claim to near it,
And when the reckoning arrives
They're way too lost to hear it.
And when they try to feign the
Righteousness they've never known,
Believe me when I say you'll never
Kill me with a stone
That's thrown in anger, fear, or narcissistic
Act of self deception.
And when salvation knocks, you'll
Be too deaf to the perception.

So best of luck to you, and may you
One day find redemption.

No comments:

Post a Comment