Saturday, March 8, 2014

Parallax

I didn't know you yesterday when you broke

My heart again just when 
I thought we'd had a break through
Like you no longer knew me or, more realistically,
You never have.

You spoke as if to someone else; another, meaner, 
Narcissistic girl with an inability to understand
The basics of communication,
Inventing a life and timeframe for me
That I wasn’t there for,
Nor, I’m sure,
Were you.

I do not know what happened
Or how it came about that you
Have come to see me in this way
And I know there are two sides to stories
And I know there are two sides to coins

But when you flipped mine for me
And called them for yourself,
Forgive me, I forgot to ask
To call them out myself
Because when I was young you told me
Clearly where I stood.

And when I finally asked,
I sort of knew how things would go.
Deep down I prayed for something new
But sometimes
Things don’t workout as they should.



No comments:

Post a Comment