Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Down, down, down

It's official. I no longer
Call my life my own, nor
Do I claim to understand
Anything at all.

Time moves slow
And faster than I can hold on
To, further and further
Merging, imperceptibly, into my
Subconscious, unconscious reality and out of
My fragile, weakened hands.

There it was. 
The ocean, vast
And large and cool before me, and me
Trying to stare it down,
To see it, but I couldn't see it
And the waves took over
As I floated above myself
Trying to hold fast onto time as
It evaded me the harder I held, fast
Floating above the
Swirling, turbulent mass
Of liquid dream as I saw it pull us
Down,
Down, 
Down, 
Unable to stop,
Unable to breathe,
And BAM.

Morning.
What happened? Who am I?
Who were we?
Where are we?
In the unforgiving, relentless sea
That has washed away
What I thought I knew,
What I thought I knew to be time passing,
What I though was real.
To and far, far away
From me.

No comments:

Post a Comment