Friday, September 6, 2013

Addict.

I am famous
For making a decision like
"I don't want to be married anymore;"
Or, "I will not ever do this thing again."

Once the thought is in
My mind, it is never to escape again
And those who had encouraged it are shocked to find
After they open their eyes
Post-blink, 
I've done it. For good.

The times intertwined we were
Blind, and lost to the "thing" much larger
Than we, we swam upstream
Not to get away but
To keep our heads above the lovely, welcoming waters
That beckoned and promised a reprieve
From whatever it was -- "life" -- 
We had hissed and spit through before
Because there was water, love, salvation
Everywhere,
But we were naught to drink and so
We sipped. One gulp here and there but then
Parched, tried to run away. 

That doesn't work.
Collapse is sure to follow
And who catches us?
We do. That's all. No-
One else even no-
Tices that we need to be 
Caught.
Inside.

Me.
You.
And me.
And you

Undid my "no" for the first time in my life.
And you I cannot shake, nor do I want to, and you
Undo my morality
And my explanations for the things
That would otherwise keep me far from you.

So what, my love, do we do?
Go. No don't. Just stay. But don't. Do either. 
Just be
(With me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment