Sunday, April 29, 2012

We shall sea

Some days I can feel the breeze
See the leaves, each one green
And bright in the trees
As they pour over me
And cool my face, soothe my heart
I can see.

Some days I don't feel a thing
Only thing that I see
Is a blur in front of me
As if I'm sinking into the sea
And my face is numb, as is my heart
Cease to be

But still am forced to be
In this state without grace,
Without grace,
Cannot taste a single thing
And I think, could this be
What will be 
Eternally? 

And then, ever slowly things emerge
One at a time, in my head
Get out of bed reluctantly
But something small
Pulls me free, reminds me
Every time
Though the numb stays on just
A little more every time even after
It goes away
That at least I will have
One more day, one more chance

Let us see 
If the breeze
If the trees
If the leaves
If the be-ing will always come
Like the sea, to the shore
Back to me, and away,
And back to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment